Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update

Well, as Thursday draws to a close, it has been a long week.  Clara has been battling swine flu and I think FINALLY turned the corner today.  Yesterday she was just plain cranky and trying every nerve I had.  NOTHING made her happy.  She was achy and restless and tired (but refused to sleep), and coughing nonstop.  Her fever was down...but that was the only good news.  I was dreading today, but as the morning progressed, I saw more and more smiles coming from our little princess.  She has been MOST talkative...a clue that her throat is feeling OH so much better.  Though I have to say that I find myself longing for just a little peace and quiet by this point in the day.  We laid around today.  It wasn't too hard for me to just chill out and lay down with her today because my head has been splitting since last night.  And moving around a lot does NOT help it at all.  So we have just chilled out together...Clara chatting incessantly.  Around 2:30 this afternoon she decided that I am NOT good enough company and not a good conversationalist (did I mention that my whole FACE hurts?) and she headed upstairs to her playroom.  A short time later I heard music drifting down the stairs and when I looked in on her she was smack in the middle of her own little dance party!  She was dancing and singing and twirling and just busting out a lively boogie right there in the middle of the floor.  She is OBVIOUSLY feeling better!  And that's music to my ears.  Of course...she's also thinking she's going to school tomorrow...and that ain't going to happen.  While she may be feeling better...she's still got a ways to go to build up her strength.  She needs to find her appetite and EAT something.  And she needs to be able to tolerate a full schedule of activity...not just an hour or two.  And so...she will be with ME tomororow.  As a peace offering....IF the sun comes out....I'm thinking about taking her to lunch and over to check out a lake and park someone told me about.  My little social butterfly has had about all of the house bound activity she can handle.  On the bright side, she's done some awesome scrapbooking this week and also learned to stitch quite nicely.  Nothing fancy....but at age 7...it's fairly impressive.  She stitched a tea towel that has a tea pot and a tea cup on it and it's really pretty cool looking.  She's VERY proud of herself and is thinking of starting a stitching business now.  That's my Clara!  

What else?  Well....taking care of Clara yesterday, I managed to walk right into the leg of the chair in the family room...effectively smashing the heck out of the toes on my left foot.  The 3rd and 4th toes on that foot are VERY purple today and hurt like a booger.  Walking on the treadmill was more than a little bit of a challenge this morning.  I got it done...but only got a little over 3 miles in in the same amount of time I usually do 5.  But it was better than nothing!

Both boys seem to have dodged the swine flu....so far.  Ben was home yesterday with a terrible cough...but no other symptoms and it seems some better today.  Max...as usual....catches nothing!  That kid has one amazing immune system.  


Jim and Jackie are coming out in just two short weeks.  The kids are over the moon excited.  They have asked and asked when they are coming and I keep telling them....but they just keep asking no matter what.  I think they are just really excited to know they are coming and to have them around again for a bit.  Their room is ready and we are excited to pick them up and show them our new town!  I only hope they like it as much as we do!  

I got my new business cards today.  I rather like them.  They are totally different than anything I've had before and are kind of pearly finished.  VERY pretty and fancy-ish!  Now....at least I have them if I decide to go forward with rebuilding some business here in Texas!  

And on that note....my dinner is ready and my hubby is home!  So it's time to gather the troops and feed our little army!  Life is good in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment