Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oh Give Me a Home...

where the buffalo roam...


 and the deer and the antelope play.  Where seldom is heard, a discouraging word....and the skies are not cloudy all day.

Well....I definitely live in a home rather NEAR where the buffalo roam.  And I shot these guys last night on a quickie shoot at the request of a friend.  And I should most DEFINITELY clarify here that I shot them with my CAMERA...just to be clear on that point.  I know that there has been plenty of wildness going on here since we landed in Texas...but I assure you that it stops with the blonde mess of hair on my head and does not extend to the picking up and bearing of firearms.  Anyway...Seems my friend's little guy is really into these buffalo that they see each morning as they head off to school and she thought it would be neat to get a good shot of one or two and frame them.  They were exceedingly cooperative.  They looked right at the camera and struck the loveliest of poses for me.  Very buffalo-like.  And quite frankly....I rather like them!  And so...I DO have a home somewhat near where the buffalo roam...and I imagine there are plenty of deer and antelope frolicking about in these Texas hills and woods.  I'll plead the 5th on the whole discouraging word issue, because to tell you the truth I am frequently discouraged here lately in the whole realm of parenting and raising the teens and tweens. But that's neither here nor there.   And as far as that whole "skies are not cloudy all day" verse.  Well....it's not cloudy TODAY.  And that's something we can just raise the roof and praise God for ! And so today...three out of four just ain't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment