Thursday, May 17, 2012

Absolute...Utter...Craziness

Yep.  That about sums up life in these parts right now.  We are running full throttle ahead in move mode.  Or rather.  I am.  Notice the "I".  It's a nice one letter word.  One little letter.  All alone.  That's kind of me right now.  One mom.  All alone.  Trying to get it ALL done.  Grrrr.  I'm wavering tonight between exhaustion, tears, anger, resentment, being TOTALLY and completely overwhelmed and feeling like I've got this.  I have been steadily packing.  I feel like I have.  But often through the day, I think...what if it's not enough?  What if my pace is not fast enough?  And what if moving day gets here (and it WILL...and VERY SOON) and I'm not ready?  This is the first time since Clara was two years old that I've had to totally pack us and get us ready for the move.  The last two big moves, the company we were working for has handled it all.  NOT the case this time.  It's all on us.   And of course...US is cheap!  US does not want to spend a whole lot more out of pocket than we really have to. Just so we are clear...I am TOTALLY on team US.  I agree with not putting out more cash than we have to.  Of course...it sounds a lot better than when it actually plays out.  As I am shoving things into boxes late at night and every spare moment that I have (which happen to be few and far between right now), I start to second guess that whole money saving strategy.  I start to think that it's worth every penny to have packers come and just DO IT and do it efficiently and quickly.  I'm really thinking MY TIME is worth the whole $2000 or so that we saved by doing it "ourselves".  Which...who are we kidding?  Is MYSELF???!!!!  Here's what I am thinking tonight.  1)  We have a LOT of shit.  It's ridiculous.  Period.  2)  I can't BELIEVE I have wedding presents, UNUSED, still in their original boxes, that I have just packed for the 8th time in 18 years.  WHY do I still have them?  WHY am I not using them?  These are the questions some counselor would probably have a field day with.  Some day.  When I had some time.  3)  I am setting a goal to throw a party when I get to my new house and actually use all those UNUSED wedding gifts so that I do not pack them ever again UNUSED and shiny brand new.  Geez...talk about ridiculous!!!!  4)  I am thinking "thank you God for wine.".  Just thought I would throw that one out there because I am SERIOUSLY thinking it after this week.

This week has been LONG.  Everything that can go wrong, HAS gone wrong.  I probably shouldn't have typed that on a Thursday night with a whole day left in this week that things can still go wrong!  I may very well regret that.  What's gone wrong you ask?  It might be easier to tell you what HASN"T gone wrong!  Nah...just kidding.  Here's what hasn't gone according to schedule...Mother Nature.   I started my period three days early.  I've been known to start A DAY early...but never three.  But this week is special.  Of course it is.  And so...I get to be bleeding to death while all the other things go off schedule and I deal with them.  For instance...the call from the school nurse telling me my son isn't feeling well and "just doesn't look well".  That's probably due to the strep throat diagnosis we got.  AGAIN.  Good grief, I am SICK of Texas and the endless supply of strep throat that seems so rampant here.  My kids have NEVER had it before we moved here.  Grrrrrrr.  Poor Max.  Never had an antibiotic in his entire 15 years of life.  But now...in Texas...we are on our third round THIS SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!!!  What else has not gone according to schedule?  The pool pump breaking...that was most definitely NOT on the schedule.  And then, there's the needing to notarize a whole pile of papers for me to give Chris Power of Attorney so he can close on the house in Tucson without me.  When what we realized we really needed was papers for Chris giving ME power of attorney to close on this house in Texas without him.  Grrrr.  Add in the glitch with the dance studio pictures which left one of the fields on my dance tags BLANK, plus the 4th grade recorder concert, plus the crazy AP world history testing schedule.  Let's not forget my forgetting to order poor Clara a "fun pack" for the fun day activities tomorrow, and let's add in the water polo banquet that is this weekend a good 40 minute drive from home.  I love driving 40 minutes each way for a two hour dinner.  Grrrrr.

 At this point, I am tired.  And cranky.  Overwhelmed.  Exhausted.  Pushed to the limit.  Out of patience.  And feeling like I might just snap at any moment.  Thank you, God for wine.  That's all I have to say on that matter tonight.  I'm off to bed, because it's late and more than 6 hours of sleep is a luxury I am still treating myself to.  For this week at least!   Utter craziness.  It's the speed of life around these parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment