Sunday, July 11, 2010

And on the 14th Day...

...the SUN CAME OUT!!!!!! And can I say, it's about freaking time!!!!! Holy Cow! It's felt like Texas here in "sunny California". There's been nothing sunny about it at all since we got here. One brief, two hour window of sunshine (albeit, enough to fry my fanny!) has been IT since we arrived!!! It took until 1:30...but then, suddenly, and most gloriously, the sun burst through the clouds and I was WARM! Hallelujah, can I get an Amen?! I am not a fan of being chilled and I rarely associate my summer beach getaway with endless days of teeth chattering, but this trip has been CRAZY! But today, there was sweet relief and I definitely played the part of the sun worshipper! Divine, I tell ya!!!!

What else has been going on? Well, I experienced my very first earthquake just a couple of days ago. THAT was crazy and not at all what I expected it to be like. I was sitting up at the pool with my friend while we watched our kids swimming. The owner of the park had just come by and brought us glasses of Sangria to enjoy poolside, since it was such a gray and yucky day. I had just finished mine, when all of a sudden, I started feeling very..."off". To tell ya the truth, I felt downright drunk. To the point that I quickly uncrossed my legs and slammed both of my feet squarely on the ground and reached out and grabbed the flimsy plastic table in front of me. My first thought was "What the HECK was in that Sangria?!", followed by "Oh great! I've had someone slip a roofy drug thing in my drink." Followed by "It surely wasn't intended for ME because I'm OLD and won't they be SO disappointed to realize they missed their intended 'target'." All of these thoughts you see came rapid fire through my brain in a matter of mere seconds. As I am processing the whole "target of date rape" possibility, I happen to look over the wall and see the RV in front of me swaying mightily. And then it hit me....EARTHQUAKE! I was immediately relieved. Then immediately felt quite foolish and wondering why in the world the prospect of being targeted for having my drink drugged EVER in a million years wold cross my mind. Geez. Honestly Tonya!!! Only me, huh?

Let's see...sunshine, earthquake...what else? Oh, I've been hitting the gym with amazing regularity since we got here. I am fairly certain that we have managed to join THE crappiest gym in all of California. Manned by the BIGGEST idiots of all time. It's SCARY just how great the idiot factor is with these people. Chris and I have both been shocked and amazed. Chris calles them "Dory" from Nemo. It's the understatement of the century! In some ways, being at the crappy gym though makes me feel like I am back in Tucson. Mostly because the "Silver Sneakers" are rampant in the place. Pretty much the ONLY patrons as best I can tell. To shake things up, I signed myself up for a bootcamp workout class that starts tomorrow morning. I MIGHT regret that. But I'm always up for a challenge and thought that it sounded like something fun and new. And so...at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning, I will be getting my sweat on in a whole new manner! Wish me luck!

And THAT about sums up life, beachside. Now that the sun has put in an appearance...life is grand in California! Well, except for the people across from me who belch and smoke cigars. Yuck! I could definitely do without THAT kind of obnoxiousness! But other than THAT, life is grand in California!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment