Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bright Ideas

I had a really bright idea this week. When I saw the sign, I got so excited. It was exactly what I had been thinking on for some time now. Had actually lamented over with my fellow campers and had promised to drop a suggestion for it into the "suggestion box" up front. What was on the sign, you ask? It was an advertisement for BOOT CAMP! That's right...a week long, boot camp style exercise class. I was so excited to see it and for the low price of just $49...well, it seemed like a great deal! I quickly talked two buddies into it with me...you know how I hate to exercise all alone! And we three signed up, along with a couple of others, and Monday, began meeting the personal trainer in the park for our sessions. The first day went well. It was a good class. Challenging without being too, too bad. I was tired at the end...but not the least bit worried about being sore or anything. I actually thought that I just MIGHT have to hit the gym in the mornings before the class and do some weights first, and THEN do the boot camp. THEN I went to day 2! Turns out that Day 1 was just kind of a "let me see where you are and what you can do" evaluation type class. I guess we all did fine, because yesterday's class was SIGNIFICANTLY RAMPED UP!!!!!! As in, within about an hour of that class ending, I KNEW I was going to be in trouble. It's never a good thing when you feel the soreness setting in with the first hour! Man...did she work our booties off!!!!! And this morning, my booty is on the exceedingly sore side of OUCH!!!!!!! My butt, my hamstrings, my inner thighs....pretty much everything from the waist down is in a sad state of affairs today. And of course...in less than an hour, I get to go and do it again! Me and my bright ideas! Uggggh!

1 comment:

  1. You always know how to get yourself into some very "sore" perdicaments, Friend.

    ReplyDelete