Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break!!!!!

Hooray!  Spring Break has FINALLY arrived!  I thought this week would NEVER get here!  Oh the excitement and anticipation of it all!  But enough about that because little can be said at this point.  Shush is the theme, right?!

And so....in other news...the great contact quest has FINALLY taken a more positive turn.  I'm on my third brand now.  Oy vey!  This has been crazy!  Contacts have NOT been my friend.  But I think we FINALLY have hit the brand that will work for me and my crazy eyes.  And I am crazy fond of vision!  It's SO nice to be able to cook dinner without having to go scrounging for my glasses first so that  I can read the recipe! And to be able to read a menu in a restaurant without digging for the specs!  Pure bliss!  But I think the best part is being able to get them  back OUT again at the end of the day!!!  That part has been kind of freaking me out.   The first set hurt so much and kept my eyes totally irritated.  Thirty day, thick contacts are not my friend.  The second set made my eyes sticky and acted kind of like super glue, making it nearly impossible to get the contact out once it sat in my eye for more than a couple of hours.  I would spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour trying to lubricate and dislodge it at the end of the day...or at the end of the time where I just couldn't take it anymore!  The new ones pop right in.  And pop right out!  Even after a long and wonderful day of having them in.  I don't feel them all day like I have the others.  They are comfy and convenient since they throw away every night.  I don't have to mess with solution or anything!  Hooray!!!!!!

Cooper puppy continues to make great progress here in the Roberts house.  We have had a GREAT week with potty training.  No accidents in days now.  He is up to just over 7 pounds (we're so proud), and is just a delightful little bundle of fluff that we adore.  He does have a double ear infection right now that is not too fun.  But he's enduring the treatment well and we will all be glad when the 10 days is up and we don't have to keep filling his ears with the yucky medicine anymore! Did I mention that we adore him and he's just about the cutest thing ever?

Other news?  Well...we've been weekend warriors this weekend, installing the final flower bed in the back yard.  It was designed for us last year and we just didn't get it put in until now.  As we got ready to install it, Chris got to thinking and "had an idea".  After hearing it, I had to agree it was a nice one.  Instead of the metal edging stuff that was used in the others, He thought we ought to use stone. And so we headed off to Lowe's and bought us 60 big landscaping stones and got to work digging a trench for them, mortaring them into place and creating the prettiest flower bed border you have ever seen!  It really did turn out nice.  SO nice that now we have decided we need to go back and do the same thing to the flower bed that we already put in back there in the fall!  But THAT is going to come on another weekend!!!!  While it looks beautiful when it's done, it's rather back breaking work!  Today, we shall RELAX!  Well, and go to church.  And then Costco.  And the grocery store.  And do some laundry.  Ummm...scratch the relax part, huh?!

That's about it for now on this beautiful Spring Sunday morning!  Have a GREAT week!  I KNOW that I will!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment