Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis The Season

Well...tis the season again.  It's December in Texas (and everywhere else I suppose) and the holiday season is in full swing.  Though it's been a bit tough to get as excited this year since I've seen people's Christmas decorations up since before HALLOWEEN!  Good grief!  I can't even tell you how that aggravates me.  It has all come way too early this year.  The decorations on homes, the stuff in stores, the radio stations that were playing ONLY Christmas music well before Thanksgiving.  Uggggh!  You'd think that having it earlier and more of it would boost the spirits, but it's done nothing for mine.  This year it has been VERY hard to get into the groove of things.

The kids only have three more days of school before they are out for winter break and boy are they READY!  They are SO tired.  Dragging is pretty much the mode we all seem to be moving in these days.  I miss having a nice fall break in Arizona.  Truly I do!  I think the kids really need that.  It's too long a stretch here at the end and the kids are all so tired and run down and prone to illness.  I just keep chanting...just a few more days, just a few more days....just hang on a few more days!  Poor Clara is battling an awful sore throat and swollen glands.  She just feels so yucky.  She's been such a trooper though and is getting through her school day every day with little complaint.  But she's so worn out when she gets home and just collapses for the rest of the night.  Now I'm starting in with it.  Yuck!  We are all so looking forward to sleeping in a little bit and getting caught up on some rest.  Chris will be taking a few much needed days off as well!

I've taken on a major exercise change.  I've picked up my P90X workouts again in hopes of shaking things up enough to get some results.  This aging stuff is getting on my last nerve!  It seems no matter how hard I work out and push it and no matter how I try to cut back, the effects are just futile.  Grrrrrr.  The P90X is so intense...I figure that if this won't do it, then it just can't be done.  This is week two for me.  So far, MUCH better than week one.  Holy cow I was sore last week.  And those workouts were TOUGH!  Not that they are easy this week.  Should make that clear.  This week has not been EASY by ANY count.  However...I have not felt like I wanted to throw up as much and I can move easily the next day without massive doses of pain killer...so that's progress.  I added several pushups this week that I was unable to do last week...and that's pretty darned good because those things are TOUGH!  I'm glad that I've been keeping a log of it all so I can see the progress.  There is no way I would remember it from week to week and I was excited to see I had surpassed this week most of what I could do last week!  The scale has not moved in this one whole week of doing it.  However...I feel like the package is slightly tighter.  Not a lot...but a little bit.  Clothes are not fitting any differently yet....but goodness knows they NEED to!  I'll be glad when that kicks in and it had BETTER kick in.

On a final note...I have two photoshoots this week and then another next week.  Newborns tomorrow and Thursday and then a family on the 23rd.  I'm excited!  Lots of new ideas to play with!  Business is picking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment