Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life With Cooper

Cooper is now 16 weeks old!  We have shared exactly 7 of those!  And what a wild ride these past seven weeks have been!  Holy Moly!  NEVER a dull moment since that little ball of fluff and trouble came along!  There are some things that are different in our house nowadays, thanks to Cooper.  For example, the corner by my front door now looks bare like this...

And my dining room table now looks stupid like this...


The green plant does NOT belong there.  If I leave that plant that BELONGS in that corner by the door where it should be, then Cooper digs all of the mossy grassy stuff in the bottom of it out and spreads it all over my entry way!  He never grows tired of that game.  I however AM TIRED of constantly sweeping up that mess!  So the plant is up out of reach...for now.

My lamps now look like this...

with the cords all twisted up around the bases so that there is no excess cord hanging in the reach of puppies that just love the idea of laying down and nibbling them.  I am not fond of this look...but I am less fond of the idea of electrocuted fur balls.  Sigh.

If you head into any of the bathrooms, you are likely to find a scenario like this...
If Cooper gets ahold of the contents of the wastebasket, it looks like Edward Scissorhands paid a visit and there is paper in ten thousand tiny pieces all over the bathroom.   He is fond of this game as well.  Me...not so much.

Oh, and my favorite part,  all of the toilet paper holders in the house look like this...

Empty!!!!  Sigh.  This actually make me all kinds of crazy.  Empty toilet paper rolls are a pet peeve of mine.  However...Cooper has a special affinity for toilet paper.  If we leave a roll up where he can find it, and he DOES check daily...hourly...constantly...THIS is what we find...

I know.  Nice, right?!  Aren't you jealous?  I'll bet you wish you could have shredded toilet paper too!  Sorry...it's all mine folks!

But Cooper isn't ALL about destruction and mess.  No!  He's a lover of fun and mischief and exploring too!  This week he discovered the sprinkler system for the first time.  He was absolutely fascinated and enthralled by the jets of water shooting up out of the ground.  You can see the tail end of his exploring here...
And after he's all done exploring the sprinklers, he looks like this...

Oh Cooper!  Whatever are we going to do with you silly doggie?!

After a morning of exploring sprinklers out in the backyard, the adventure continues...inside.  Curious George, in all of his exploring, found himself HERE the other day...

Down in my VERY deep garden tub!  Needless to say, he could not get out.  Which, for a few minutes was quite nice!  It gave me a chance to clean up all of his messes he had created thus far in the morning without allowing him to make MORE while I was doing so.  But with a face like this...I had to rescue him quick and just love on him!  How could you even begin to resist a sweet face like this???!!!

He was so grateful for the rescue that he decided to be HELPFUL for once!  So off to the laundry room we went.
Where he helped me put all the towels into the dryer.  Thank you Cooper!

And then...he assumed his position as King of the Hill...
Or, King of the Fireplace Hearth at least...and enjoyed the view from up there!

And THAT is our current life with Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment