Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Joy of Breathing!

Ahhh.  It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Texas!  Or, in other words, it's a nice COOL day in Texas.  AT least this morning it is!  It's simply FANTASTIC outside!  Downright brisk and refreshing!  Makes you just want to throw open the windows (which I did) and head outdoors to soak it all in (which I am about to do)!  It's a treat for the senses to be sure!  To feel that cool air wrapping itself around you...the cool freshness a delight on the skin.  The smell of fresh cut grass in the air (because cooler air is VERY inspirational for yardwork!) and the undeniable delight of taking a huge gulp of it into your lungs and just relishing the joy that comes with being able to take a full breath and not feel as if you are suffocating under the heat and humidity.  Ahhh....it's like having a new lease on life!  And not a MOMENT TOO SOON ALREADY!!!!!!!!  Good grief!  Talk about God's timing not being OUR timing!  He definitely has different ideas of exactly how much heat is too much heat and just how long it should go on.  Texas has had it's own personal preview of Hell the last couple of months with all the endless heat and drought.  I tell ya....it's enough to send to your knees in repentance for sure!  May this summer in Texas be as close as I ever come to the fiery pits of hell!

In other news...today is my Ben's first scrimmage for football.  He is CRAZY excited.  I'm not going to watch because it's not a game...just kind of a first practice between some players other than themselves.  NEXT week is his first real game and I WILL be there for that!  Can't WAIT actually!  I'm going to have to remember to stay respectable and not get too excited with yelling and cheering.  I tend to embarrass my kids that way when I watch football.  I just LOVE watching a good game when a team I am passionate about is playing.  The Cross Timbers Wolves are my new favorite team!

On Thursday this week, Clara's brownie troop will be coming over and we will have a "bridging" ceremony as they are no longer brownies, but Juniors!  There will be snacking and playing, a brief ceremony and then some pool time! Should be a lovely day and the weather should be tolerable too, though we are climbing back up TOWARDS 100 degrees as we go later into the week.  Not supposed to hit it...but 99 is close enough, if you ask me!

What else?  Oh...I lost ANOTHER pound on my Fit for Life 21 day challenge.  It's about time!  I've had a week being stalled out and I was getting pretty frustrated.  This newest pound brings my total to 7 pounds.  Still another week to go on the challenge and then I start cooking for myself again.  I will be glad to have that privilege back again.  To cook for myself and to choose my own meals.  I tell ya what...I will NOT be eating too much chicken or salmon. That's for sure!   I am overloaded with those two entrees!  Enough already!  So just 5 more days to go!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!

I guess that's about all for now!  Got to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day!  Hope YOURS is just as cool and wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment