Sunday, April 15, 2012

House For Sale...Day 5

Well, as of late this afternoon, the house will have been on the market for five days.  We are scheduled for our 6th showing about 30 minutes from now.  The house has NEVER looked better.  It's clean.  Shiny.  The carpets are newly shampooed.  The windows are clean and sparkling.  There is not a speck of dust or grime ANYWHERE.  Every lightbulb is working.  Every surface extra shiny.  No mess lingers.  Anywhere.  AT ALL!  It's all a giant pain.  And at the same time...I am LOVING it!  The whole house is CLEAN.  And at the SAME TIME!!!  Not just one floor.  Not just one room.  The whole house!  It's been great to discover just how much my family can accomplish in an hour.  Or 20 minutes.  For example.  We got a last minute showing request this morning for a noon to 1:00 time slot.  No big deal.  The house is clean and ready.  But there's the doggies.  We don't like to leave them here while strangers are in the house.  Cooper will bark his fool head off and it is NOT an enjoyable experience.  So we are making a concerted effort to take them with us each and every time we possibly can.  That means I am bagging some activities and sacrificing some things to make sure that that happens.  This week, it was bible study on Wednesday.  And then church this morning.  I hate it...but it's worth it to sell the house sooner.  However...because we didn't end up going to church, we DID end up with just over an hour of unexpected time to "get ready" for the showing.  So Chris and the kids managed to make GREAT strides in straightening up the garage.  AND repainting the workbench and cabinet doors out there.  It looks brand new and shiny!  In addition, Ben hit the walls with the magic eraser.  It's amazing how awesome it looks and what they accomplished in ONE HOUR!!!  I'm telling you...many hands make for light work FOR SURE!  And so...the house is, yet again, even cleaner, and shinier than it has been for the previous five showings.  Someone is braving the rain and nastiness today to come out and see our home.  I'm praying that THIS is the one!  I'm so excited about moving away from Texas I can hardly stand it.  I KNOW that this is only day 5 on the market...but I'll be the first to tell you that I am not real patient!  I like to get it done.  I'm anxious to have this one checked off my list, so to speak.  And so...I'm about to flip on all the lights and pray that THIS is it!!!  Join me, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment