Sunday, April 15, 2012

Observing

Today's house showing went well.  Well, I think it did.  From what I could tell.  A young couple with two small children viewed the house today.  That's a good sign.  We've had a couple of older couples look at it, and to tell you the truth, I just don't feel like this is an older couple kind of house.  Why in the world would an older couple want or need nearly 5000 square feet on two floors?  It just does not compute.  But a young family....ahhh.  THAT's more like what I envision.  Anyway.  The family stayed for 17 minutes. Not that I was sitting up the street and watching from a distance.  You know...stalking.  Okay.  Who am I kidding?  I was totally stalking my house and watching to see who, what and how long it lasted.  17 minutes was a good amount of time.  If they had hated it, they would have been in and out.  17 minutes is significant.  The little chairs at the desks in the gameroom were pulled out and I do believe two little boys had been sitting in them.  I take that as a good sign.  They were making themselves at home.  There were 4 mini chocolates and 2 granola bars missing from our "Take One and Refresh" basket we have out on the counter for visitors.  Snacking is a good sign.  They took one of the papers with the picture of the house and information concerning it with them.  For future reference.  I'll take that as another good sign.  And so....on day 5 of house selling...I am happy with today's showing.  Happy.  Hopeful.  Anxious.  And now TOTALLY anticipating.  Come on contract!  Mama needs a new house.  In Arizona.  Soon!  Next week would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment