Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday january 22. 2010

That whole typing of the 2010 is still throwing me for a loop!  I seem to screw it up every single time!  The new year always does that to me.  What's new with us?  Well, for starters...my throat hurts this morning.  It seems I have my own post nasal drip to deal with.  Boo.  I am now on my third cup of coffee for the morning trying to soothe it some.  No good can come of three cups of coffee...this I know.  And yet...I keep on pouring them up and sucking them down!  

I spent all day yesterday house hunting.  And by all day...I MEAN all day.  I started at 9 a.m. with my friend and we went hard at it until after 1:00.  We grabbed a quick lunch, and then I headed home to be back in time to get Miss Clara at the bus.  When I got home, there was a call from our realtor with the newest counter from the sellers  on the house Jim and Jackie are attempting to buy.  They countered back RIDICULOUSLY high...and wanted to just remind us...again...that the house has a new $11,000 roof and that it did appraise at $295,000.  Well HELLLOOOOOOO people...1) you can't sell a house without a roof.  Period.  And 2) you don't sell a house based on it's APPRAISED value...but on it's MARKET value.  Grrrrrr.  And these crazy people have the house listed nearly $40,000 OVER market value.  And so.  The ball came back to us...again.  As Jackie and I talked about all of that, she said that she'd been doing some thinking....and lead to a whole other game plan....and before we knew it, we were back in the car and heading out to a neighborhood with brand new homes,  one of which she had seen and really, really liked.  The one we were really aiming to see, we found out had sold JUST LAST NIGHT.  Go figure.  However...the other one which we had seen and loved, and actually has a much better floorplan and resale value was still for sale.  And so...we made an offer on THAT one.  And now...Friday morning...we are sitting and waiting for an answer on THAT  one!  After we got home from that house last night, I sat down and mapped it...because it's a good bit farther out than the last one.  And, to my delight, I discovered that we have been going WAY out of the way to get to the house and that there is a much shorter and more direct route!  The house is just 6.6 miles from us.  I want to go redrive it this morning...but at this point am afraid that I will jinx it if I drive out there to it.  I can't tell you how sad I would be if I drove out there, found my golden, shorter route...then had it all fall through!  And so...I'm sitting here.....waiting...again.  

Today is Friday.  With NOTHING on the horizon!  Woo hoo!  I am hitting the gym at some point today.  With or without my workout buddy.  I am waiting to hear from her about whether or not she will get to join me this afternoon!  If not...then I will probably  just get on in there and get it over with!  And that's it.  Life...in a nutshell.  Not a thing going on and i rather like it that way!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment