Saturday, January 2, 2010

Update 1-2-10

Wow...seems so strange to type 2010!  The new year throws me for a loop for a good month or two every single year.  In my last post our Clara had been so sick and still was.  We were referred to an ENT after a repeat case of strep throat and she was ready to yank out Clara's tonsils and adenoids on Dec. 29th.  We set up the surgery and headed home with our "answer", but after a day or so I told Chris that I had absolutely NO peace about that surgery and that I did not feel like that was the direction that we should go right now. We struggled with a lot of things and for a short time came to the conclusion that we were going to home school Clara, hoping to keep her home and out of the cess pool of germs for a time and see if that would help with her endless illness situation.  But I had no peace about that either.  I simply did not want to go back to that.  I've homeschooled the boys before.  I KNOW what that involves and I really felt like that would NOT be a good choice for us.  In response to all of the stress involved with Clara, my shoulder managed to work itself into such a knot that I was unable to turn my head.  Finally Chris said enough was enough and insisted I make an appointment with my chiropractor.  I adore her...she's a sweet, sweet Christian lady and we hit it off instantly from our very first visit.  So I made my appointment and headed in.  She was all smiles when I walked in, ushered me back to her office, asked me how I was and told me I looked like I needed a hug...and that's the exact moment that I pretty much fell apart.  I told her all about Clara, who she had met before and what we were thinking.  She was great with suggestions and asked if we had considered or would consider any alternative therapies.  I told her we were game for anything that might keep my baby girl out of surgery.  So the very next day, she saw Clara as a patient, made a couple of minor adjustments, gave her some supplements and 48 hours later....she was a new child!  She felt better.  The white patches of infection and pus on her throat cleared...finally.  Her throat no longer hurt and the dark circles under her eyes disappeared.   And after a week on the herbal stuff the glands in her throat were no longer swollen.  Clara looks better than she's looked in WEEKS...no....months!  She finally looks like our healthy, sparkly Clara again.  And I cannot tell you how grateful I am to my sweet chiropractor friend and her wisdom and compassion.  

In addition to our Clara's health, we are also celebrating the fact that Jim and Jackie sold their house in Tucson and are now here in Texas with us.  The kids are SO excited to have their Gigi and Pee Paw back close again!  I'm pretty sure that Gigi and Pee Paw have enjoyed it also.  

The kids all head back to school on Monday.  I am looking forward to the new year and what it holds for our kids.  I am ANXIOUS to see how Clara's health goes now that we finally have her throat infection really cleared up.  Hoping it's once and for all.  I'm anxious to see how the boys handle their grades.  I'm anxious to find Jim and Jackie a house.  I'm anxious to just get over these next few big humps that I see looming before us.  

So here's looking to the new year!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment