Saturday, September 18, 2010

Loved

Yesterday, I celebrated another birthday.  My 39th birthday to be exact.  My little sister was fairly certain that I was turning 40 and called to make sure I wasn't ready to slit my wrists (she can be a bit dramatic at times).  It took a few minutes, but I finally convinced her that I was indeed only turning 39 and NOT the big 4-0.  The day started off just beautifully.  I got all of my little ones off to school on time and without hassle.  Max asked if I'd "like to take him to school" instead of throwing him on the bus.  I agreed that I thought that was a fine idea and dropped him off on my way to the gym (even though the gym is in a completely opposite direction!).  It was a great workout, the best in a good long time to be truthful, mostly thanks to Chris and his wonderful birthday present!!!  Chris gave me a new iPod nano.  And it's SO super totally cool!  I love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!!!  My other one had been dying a slow and painful death.  The last time I worked out with it, it lasted exactly 19 minutes before it died.  Nothing worse than being only 19 minutes into an hour and a half long sweat session and have your music die!  I've spent the last week or so singing to myself through my workouts.  NOT the same.  Uh uh...no way.  Not even close.  As I get tired toward the end of my workouts, I often just crank up the volume and push through it to the end.  Well, cranking up my own personal voice volume...well, it's just downright embarassing, sounds like a dying animal and is 100% INEFFECTIVE towards my motivation levels!  SOOOOO, having the new nano and a library full of my favorite tunes was AWESOME!!!  After my workout I grabbed a quick shower, threw on my favorite jeans, and headed down to Irving to have lunch with my Chris.  It was the first time I'd ever been invited to see his new office AND the first time we've had lunch together since we moved here.  There was a time, way back when, when we used to have lunch together quite often.  But alas, those days seem to be no more.  Anyway, I got a tour of his office (and it was AMAZINGLY gorgeous!!!!  Holy cow is it a sleek place) and then we headed off to a birthday lunch.  We landed at a Mexican place called La Joya.  It was OH so yummy and a delightful way to spend my lunch hour!  After I dropped off Chris, I headed back home and before I knew it, it was time to get my Clarabelle off the bus and then head out to pick up Max.  After I got back from getting Max, my friend Kyra stopped by and blessed me with the MOST  ADORABLE travel coffee mug EVER!  Coffee is my love language!  And coffee to go is the story of my life!  So it was a perfect gift!  Then after our visit, I dropped my kiddos off at Chris's mom's house and met Kyra and my friend Renee in Southlake for dinner.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory and that was SOME kind yummy!  I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven for sure!  It was a wonderful evening with two amazingly sweet ladies.  As I was pulling out of there to head home, my beach buddies, Sandy and Tish called to wish me a happy birthday.  It was so fun to catch up with them and made me wish I was back on the beach again.  As though my day had not been amazing enough, once I got home and sat down and opened my facebook, I was humbled beyond belief by the sheer volume of birthday wishes and sweet messages.  And as my head hit the pillow last night and the sun was going down on my 39th birthday, I was consumed with such a feeling of being loved and cherished and felt like the most special girl in the whole wide world.  God has been SO good and blessed me with the most amazing people in my life.  Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing person. I am very happy to call you "MY FRIEND". I miss so much be able to hop in the car and spend the day with you in our pajamas. I'm glad your day was so special.

    ReplyDelete