Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Mom Did GOOD!!!!!

FINALLY!!!   The suspense is over!  I picked up Max's mum for Mattie today in Fort Worth.  I had to drive ON the big roads (which totally freaks me out) and it was a long way to go ON the big roads...but SO worth it when I laid eyes on the mum!  I've been eyeing them all over town this week.  You can get them at the grocery stores, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.  There have been endless conversations about town and all kinds of advice and information given about these things.  I was really worried.  The mums I saw at Hobby Lobby, which were VERY plain and simple started at $75 and went up.  And by up, I mean WAY up!!!!  Holy cow!  I started to worry.  Like sweat worry...a LOT.  I started thinking...what if I go to pick it up and it's not good?  There's no time!  There's no way to order another from someone else because she has to have it TOMORROW!!!!  What if it's okay...but not GREAT and the girl is not impressed at all...or worse...hates it?!  I was in a near panic by the time I left the house this morning.  But then...I got there...and there it was...GORGEOUS and HUGE and AMAZING!!!  This lady really outdid herself!  I was blown away by the details!  I was downright giddy driving myself home!!!  And Max was equally happy about it.  He was so pleased with the way it turned out.  All the boys have been comparing mums...and it appears as though Max might have just come up with the best one.  Or, rather...Max's mom!  We delivered the mum tonight to Mattie and got to meet her and her family.  She is one of the most delightful young ladies I have ever met!  Just lovely.  Sweet, beautiful, talented, polite.  She has a smile that lights up a room and is just precious.  I am really so pleasantly surprised by Max's pick.  I think she's just charming!  This one definitely gets the mom seal of approval!!!   And so...without further ado....HERE are the long awaited mum pictures!  Here's the full length view!


 The top piece with bear dressed in swimsuit.  The Freshman star has a light behind it that flashes really bright...VERY cool!
 Some of the details...their names, Homecoming 2010, swim medallions, good luck charms, rabbits feet, etc.
 The finishing tail piece!  It was really so pretty in person!
 Max proudly showing off his token of Texan affection!
Just to give a little different perspective, Clara picked it up!  It's as big as she is!!!

And there you have it!  Our first mum season!  Our first adventure into Texas homecoming!  Fun, fun, fun!!!!  Good luck Grapevine High!!!  GO MUSTANGS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment