Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's Official

I have lost my ever loving mind.  Gone Cuckoo.  Stark, raving mad.  Completely nuts.  Bonkers.  Loopy.  Check me in to the nut house already.  This harsh winter and extreme weather has obviously addled my brain.  The situation is more than a little serious.  I'd say it's downright dire.  I need a swift and immediate intervention.  I NEED a couple of months on a warm beach with adult beverages in my hand.  I'm just not able to think straight anymore under the weight of this constant snow and ice.  I'm making poor and irrational decisions.  Like this...
I went to the orthodontist yesterday to get  Max fitted for the first part of his braces.  The nurse there starts flashing all of these pictures in front of me.  Pictures of cute, adorable puppy critters.   I politely complimented her on just how cute her litter was.  She told me they were "ready" to go home.  I told her "Thank you very much, but we are currently buying BRACES, not puppies."  At which point she said that nasty little four letter word.  She said they were F-R-E-E.  Uggggh.  And right there in the office, the effects of all of my recent weather induced incarceration began to manifest themselves.  The undeniable signs of insanity began to creep up.  Yes.  I am now certifiably crazy.  I pondered this little matter all day long and found myself agreeing to meet her back up at the office later in the day to take a peek at them.  I intentionally did not bring the children with me, nor did I mention my little errand to them.  I wanted to be able to think "clear headed" and make a rational good decision free of the sad looks and guilt that my children would surely heap onto me.  That strategy, ummm, failed me in the end and I found myself driving home with this little guy.  Sigh.  I can't believe it has come to this.  But then again...just look at him....
I mean...those eyes.  He's part pug, part Yorkie Poo.  He's a teeny, tiny ball of energy, kisses and snuggles.  Clara was SO excited!  
And really...it was such an impossible situation.  I mean, how could you say NO to that sweet little face?    He's like a little, furry teddy bear.  A whining, crying all night, eating, peeing and pooping on my floor little teddy bear (can you tell that reality is setting in this morning in the light of day?).  But seriously.  I only need to take one look at this...

And I am a complete puddle of mush over him.  Oh my stinking heck...what in the world have I done?  I told myself that I was bringing him home for Oscar.  So he would have a buddy and friend to play with. So what does Oscar think of all of this?  He's TERRIFIED of him.  Absolutely and completely terrified.  Can hardly stay in the same room without trembling.  Oye vey.  We are working on just being around the "new guy" today to see if we can attain any level of comfort.  I'm not sure that we will.  He doesn't seem to be embracing this whole experience.  He isn't ugly at all to him.  He simply runs away whenever little dude comes near.  So brave,  our Oscar.  NOT!!!!!!  Sigh.  Oh...and one more thing.  We are home today.   AGAIN.  Snow day #5.  God help me.  I don't even want to THINK about what might happen if we have another few days of this stuff!!!!  I'm already totally insane.  Any more and I will end up locked up in a padded room!  Pray for sunshine and HEAT for Texas!!!!  Quick!  I'm on the very edge of a very slippery slope and it's all downhill from here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment