Saturday, February 5, 2011

Words I Don't Want to Hear ANYMORE

There are a few buzz words I've been hearing round here and I have to say I am tired of them.  I hear them every few days here lately and I would like NEVER to hear them again.  What words could I possibly be talking about you ask?  Well, words that come together in phrases.  What phrases?  Well, specifically, the phrases that contain the words ARCTIC BLAST for one.  I'm up to my eyeballs in the whole arctic blast thing and I'm just done with that one.  OVER IT I tell ya.  Arctic blast causes scenes like this...
And I, for one am not a fan of all this white stuff.  It's all lovely enough to look at now and again.  But this particular white stuff, thanks to the ARCTIC BLAST, turned into a nasty layer of ice and MESS.  We've been stuck in the house for days on end.  And I don't LIKE being stuck in the house for days on end with no end in sight!  I don't like messy, icy, slippery wonderlands.  I LIKE to be warm.  And temperatures of 17 degrees with windchills of NEGATIVE 4 are NOT warm!  And I'm not the only one who has not loved the arctic blast.  My little birdy neighbors have all but starved with the ground all frozen!  My bird feeder has been THE spot to be in this ice town.  It's been standing room only around the feeder with a constant stream of feathered friends stopping in for a bite to eat!  There was Big Red...

He, along with the Mrs. have been regulars and seem to STAY hungry.  Big Red does not share so well, driving away all other attempted diners.  The Mrs. though,...she's cool with sharing a meal amongst friends.  

In addition to Big and Mrs. Red, we've had Puff...I don't know his real name, but he sits there so cute and puffed up against the cold...patiently awaiting his turn at the feed trough.  I just love this guy!
The bird visitors seem more than content with the offerings in the feeder and continue to gather there all day long.  It's made for some nice entertainment out the windows at least!  I'd love to talk my hubby into putting another one out front in front of my study windows.  There are all sorts of birds out front that are different than the ones living down at the other end of the house.  I love watching them come.  And there are some nice big trees out front that I know they like to hang out in.  That, however, will have to be a project for Spring.  Sometime after the "Great Thaw".  Of course, that time cannot come soon enough for me!  Enough of this Arctic Blast nonsense already!!!!  Of course, tomorrow's forecast...the next edge of the next arctic blast.  A nice "wintry mix" heading our way.  Then a two day tease of semi clear skies before MORE snow due on Wednesday.  Ay Carrumba!

On the bright side, I haven't totally undone my diet.  I THOUGHT I had with the past 4 days of ice lockdown.  It's been a never ending cycle of open mouth, insert cookie.   I dreaded getting on the scale today.  But I did.  AFTER I exercised and drank a big old bottle of water.  And it showed only a one pound gain!  I don't know that I have actually gained a pound...I usually weigh MUCH earlier in the  morning before I eat or drink anything.  Still...I was elated!  And MOTIVATED!  Feeling SO much more back on track today!  Which is exactly where I need to be.  Perhaps I'll venture back to the gym this week?  You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment