Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Puppy Progress

Things are coming right along in puppy land.  Cooper is doing great and blending right in with the family.  Well...except when he poops on my floor.  THAT doesn't really blend in so much.  Or when he decides to start the day at 4 a.m.  That REALLY doesn't blend in so much.  I mean...he's cute and all...but not so cute that I want to cuddle and be chewed on at 4 o'clock in the morning.  I'm still pretty much in silent and still mode at that point.  He thought that would be cool this morning...a little 4 a.m. bonding session.  Me, not so much.  But he wouldn't be persuaded back to bed.  YAWN.  And so...here we are.  8:45 a.m. now.  Got the kids off to school and I need to get showered and ready for bible study.  And Cooper...he's passed out dead asleep here at my feet.  NICE!  Sigh.  Having a puppy is like, the best birth control EVER.  Not that I need any.  But Chris still worries that God will see the need to override all of our permanent interventions and see fit to bless us with another baby.  I'm convinced he thinks I want to have another one.  To that I think he's off his ever loving rocker!  Especially since it's ME that has to do all the work.  And by that, I do mean ALL of it!  I'm the one who has to be exhausted, fat and battling the urge to vomit for 9 months.  Then the breastfeeding with cracked, painful, bleeding nipples (that's some great stuff there), not to mention being up, night after night, after night, after night two and three and even four times a night with an endless cycle of feeding and changing and burping and crying and rocking.  Still needing to be fully functional the next day, all the while trying to reestablish an exercise routine so I can work off the gajillion pounds I gained creating this little crying, pooping, slobbery being.  Oh yeah.  Makes we quiver in anticipation...NOT!!!  And then there's the diapers, potty training, the terrible twos, the bathing, the sippy cups, the "I do it MYSELF" phase....not to mention the fact that they DO grow up to be TEENAGERS and God knows I've got plenty of THAT going on right now.  Granted, it's just a puppy.  There is no breastfeeding going on and MOST nights I am not up with him excessively.  But what little bit I AM up with him is a quick reminder that I am most definitely fond of my sleep, NEED my sleep and do not want to go without my sleep ever again.  Did I mention that it was a rough night last night...or I guess I should say, morning.  Not quite 9 a.m. and it's already been a loooong day!  Alas...I babble.  Sorry.  Enough of that...and on to some new pictures of the ONLY baby this household will be having!
Cooper James at 10 weeks
Looking like he's full of some attitude here...
Cooper and Oscar are FINALLY starting to play together.  It's about time!

Oh, he's a heartbreaker all right.  I could just eat him up when he looks at me like this!
Wrestling with Max
Oh, he's so sweet!
Snuggling with Clara
And finally...man is this guy super cute, or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment