Thursday, February 4, 2010

Please God...Can You Spare a Little Sun?

I have a confession to make.  The sun DID come out for a very FEW, very BRIEF hours the other day immediately after I wrote the post about 6 days and no sun.  It was EVER so fleeting.  And then, gone.  The next morning....raining.  And the morning after that...still raining.  That's right....rain in Texas.  Save for that extremely brief glimpse of sunshine...we are now on day 8 of gloom and gray here in the Lone Star State.  I'm trying to be okay with that.  The thing is...when the sky is this dark and gray and gloomy, I get cold.  Regardless of what the thermostat is saying...and it is saying that it is plenty warm in the house, by the way...but despite that....I always feel cold when it is this dark.  I just need sunshine.  Plain and simple.  Like flowers need water and people need air to breathe...I need the sun.  I hate milk...so sunshine is pretty much my sole source of vitamin D!  And the levels are starting to feel more than a little bit desperate right about now!  So please God....could you spare a little sun for Texas?  Please?  Just a wee little bit?  It's been ever so long since we've seen it.

In other news....I'm fighting off a cold.  But I think I'm winning...for the most part.  I've exercised HARD for the past two days in a row.  Yay for me!  And I'm thinking about driving over to Hurst to get a new driver's license this afternoon, because I haven't done that yet.  There are no after school activities today for any of my kiddos....though Benjamin is past due for a haircut.  And I don't expect tonight's dinner to be overly labor intensive (thank goodness).  I am looking forward to tomorrow and the fact that it will be FRIDAY and that we have a deliciously boring weekend scheduled!  That about wraps it up here in the great state of Texas...the land of the gray and the gloom.  Tomorrow is a new day though.  Perhaps there will be sun?  Then again...perhaps not.  Best not to count on it is what I've found!  Stay warm!  Life is WET in Texas, but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment