Friday, February 12, 2010

So Blessed

God has been good to me here in the Lone Star State.  Truly.  There are a LOT of gray skies, rainy skies, cold skies and days where I just long to be in the desert.  I have missed my friends more than I can even admit....and been sad more days than I can count.  However...God has sent one sweet, sweet and very amazing friend to me.  And I cherish that so much more than you can know.  She is fun, and stubborn, strong willed and painfully shy. Unbelievably independent...and yet, so very needing a helping hand.   Life has dealt her more crap than any one person deserves, and yet...she is delightful and such a ray of sunshine.  The more time I get to spend with her, the more I am delighted to know her.  She and I are a LOT alike.  It's scary how much so.  I see SO much of myself in this sweet lady.  And it's not all the good parts either!  So it's a bit like spending time in front of a mirror.  Mostly, it's just been a treat and a blessing.  She seems to appear out of nowhere...ready to comfort and entertain...happy to just hang out and content to meet me whereever I might be on any given day.  And on any given day I may just be all over the place!  Who knows what a day will hold?!  She's the kind of friend who comes in and finds the silverware and kicks off her shoes and curls up in the chair...like me.  She's happy to hang out on a Friday night and watch "on demand" movies and eat ice cream.  We like the same food, the same music, the same books....she's EXACTLY what I needed right now in my life.  And I am so grateful.  Yes...even though this move has been rather difficult, this friend has helped to make it so much more okay.   And I am so very blessed.  Blessed that God saw fit to make sure that there was someone to walk this journey with.  To laugh with and smile with. And just to call my friend.  I am VERY, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment