Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter Wonderland

It's snowing.  And by that...I mean it is SNOWING!!!!   Like hard.  Like for the past almost 18 hours straight!  There are nearly 8 inches on the ground right now.  And we are expected to hit nearly 11 inches before the night is done.  There hasn't been this much snow in Texas in one day since they started tracking it way back when!  It's craziness.  Beautiful.  But nuts!  The kids were dismissed early from school today and school has been cancelled totally tomorrow.  Even Chris decided to work from home today and not brave the icy and snowy interstates!   I was out and about in the snow some today...thanks to a friend and her wonderful driving.  Unlike me...she is not afraid of snowy, icy roads...so I enjoyed getting to ride along while SHE drove and navigated in it all!!!  And it was a real treat!  Some of the canopylike roads were just stunning.  I loved seeing the snow collecting on the split rail fences and ornate gates.  Everything was bathed in white, sparkling snow and it was all so fresh and surreal looking.  Truly, truly amazing!  And I'm so thankful for my sweet friend, because without her, I  KNOW without a doubt I would never have gotten out in it all!  It was a neat treat for sure!!!!  And so...here are some pictures from our snowy day!









No comments:

Post a Comment