Friday, February 5, 2010

The Sound of Silence

It seems I have lost my voice.  Just the next progression of this little germ disease I picked up this week.  It started Tuesday with aches and low fever, chills and misery.  I put myself to bed at 5:30 that night.  But I woke up feeling OH so much better and even ran 5 miles....5 HARD miles the next morning.  I thought I was cured.  But then on Wednesday evening I started to feel a bit run down again and suspected that the death flu was coming maybe I overdid it a little bit.  Not that I would EVER over do it or push it a little too hard.  No, not me.  I was, again in bed at an early hour...tired and not feeling so great.  But then on Thursday morning I woke up feeling OH so much better and again hit the treadmill....did some interval stuff....a near death experience a good, hard workout.  I should add here that the two workouts here were done with my ever favorite heart rate monitor.  Grrrrr.  I hate that thing.  It takes working out to a whole new level really.    Anyway....I proceeded into the day and by late afternoon Thursday the voice was starting to crack a wee bit and be scratchy.  Nothing a good night's sleep won't fix I told myself.  I headed to bed...fully expecting to feel OH so much better and cured. Only, this morning I'm NOT exactly that.  My head hurts with achy sinuses.  I have a cough, though not a horrible one.  And I'm nearly voiceless.  Awesome.  I don't feel truly horrible...so that's good.  But I definitely don't feel too great either.  I think I actually AM going to take it easy today and refrain from doing what I probably should already have refrained from.  I am seeing a day in my jammies, in my bed, folding laundry and just being still.  The quiet part is pretty much a no brainer....since  God pretty much saw to that part already.  The "still" part is a challenge for me.  However...I'm just achy enough and my sinuses hurt just enough  in all the wrong ways that I think I'd best pay attention and actually rest...for once.  And so...in our house...will be the sound of silence...at least from MY end of the house!

On other notes...we should hear about the appraisal on Jackie's house today.  We are all holding our breaths and are fully expecting it to come back too low to deal.  That will be a major disappointment for sure.  But one we are recognizing as truly possible.  We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.  I have my house hunting shoes ready and by the door should we need to hit the circuit...again....tomorrow.

And finally....my baby girl has her first "date" tomorrow night.  It seems her daddy is taking her out for a night of dancing and twirling and girly fun at the father/daughter dance.  I took her last night to pick out her first "party" dress and she looked so stinkin' cute in it I could have just cried.  Her dress is precious and fun and frilly and SO cute on her little self.  I can't wait to see her all done up tomorrow night for her big event!  She's crazy excited!  It will be such a fun night for her.  I've heard that it's a blast and that they throw quite a party for them!  Stay tuned for pictures!  I'm sure there will be one or two!

And finally...it would not do for me to leave you without a current weather update.  It is currently almost 9 a.m. here in Texas.  The sky is white/gray....again and it is 42 degrees outside.  On the bright side, not that Texas really seems to HAVE a bright side as far as the sun is concerned....but on the bright side, it isn't raining.  Right now.  So there's that.  And so...now you know what's happening here in the Lone Star State!

No comments:

Post a Comment