Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 17

Yeah well....I'm pretty much cheating all over the place about now!  I had cinnamon buns at the mother's day brunch this morning.  And hashbrown casserole (YUMMMMM!).  And then, tonight, I had hot chicken wings and BEER!  Oh man...it was some kind of ecstasy!  I did NOT find it to be too salty, nor have I been violently ill.  It was simply wonderful and enjoyable beyond words.  I've had a LOOOOONNNG two weeks to reflect on this journey thus far.  And I've decided that...if THIS is what it takes to be just 7 pounds thinner...then I'm just going to have to be okay being a little bit fluffier.  Now....if there had been, say, TWENTY pounds lost here...then I would be singing a totally different tune.  But for just seven...while it's nice to be a bit slimmer...the reality is that I am truly, only a BIT slimmer...and unless you see me naked...often...you most likely will NOT notice it.  And that's just the truth of the matter.  I know that  Chris appreciates the 7 pounds....who wouldn't?  but I also know that he loved me a LOT before I lost those seven and will still love me if those 7 don't stay away.  Life is short.  And I don't want to spend it pining for all the wonderful things that I SHOULDN'T or CAN'T eat on this ridiculous diet.  I want to enjoy dates with my hubby.  And brunch with my daughter.  And wing night with my family.  We don't eat too horribly and don't indulge in pure junk too often.  But when we do...I DO want to be a part of it!  And so...my cleanse journey is slightly....detoured!  So that's where I am on day 17 of Detox!

No comments:

Post a Comment