Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reflections and Thoughts on Detox

Well..."the cleanse" is officially over.  I did NOT make it all the way through.  I cheated TERRIBLY.  Especially the last week.  Not so bad the second week.  But the third week, well, it was all over.  I lost seven pounds.  It will probably all be back next week!  My thoughts on it all?  Well...it was definitely one week too long.  No doubt about that.  And it was the hardest thing I have ever done.  Certain about that too.  Was it worth it to lose seven pounds?  I'm not certain that it was.  Further still...did it alleviate those pesky PMS symptoms?  Make me sweeter and more delightful around "that time" of the month?  I can most definitely say HECK NO!!!!!  I found myself unbelievably cranky yesterday...seemingly out of the blue and very quickly issued the "you had better lay low and step lightly" warning to all those in the house!    I was most certainly NOT sweeter.  Not even a little bit.  Has it made this whole mother nature event one bit easier?  Heck no.  Is my shoulder feeling better, post cleanse?  Nope.  And so...as I sit reflecting on this whole thing, I have to just say that I am so glad that I wrote most of it down so that i can look back on this, should such a foolish idea ever cross my mind again like Detoxing Journey...the sequel!

In other news...May is insanely busy.  Like CRAZY busy!!!!   Holy cow!!! There are the usual gymnastics, and now the recent addition of swim team for Max.  Then there are field trips and fun field days, meetings for the upcoming NASA trip, photo shoots, birthday parties, camping trips, skate parties and award programs!  YIKES!!!!!!!  Never mind the usual mundane stuff like grass cutting, going to the gym, hair cuts, and grocery shopping!  It's total craziness and chaos in this house right now!

Speaking of this house right now...check out the latest addition to Miss Clara's room....
That's right.  It's the princess bed!  Just like Cinderella's carriage!  The best part is is that it was a FREEBIE!!!!!!!!!  I managed to trade some free photography sessions for the bed!!!  Hooray!  And sweet Clara is just overjoyed!  It's really a very fitting bed for her, since we already see her as our little princess!  Of course...the entering of this bed meant her old bed got bumped to the playroom to help double as a second guest room.  Now...we can officially sleep 4 extra people in our house.  Maybe more if they don't mind sleeping on some couches!  There are three of those up for grabs too!  Anyway...all the fruit basket turnover of the beds led to a MAJOR overhauling of one little girl's room and playroom today.  It has been a busy, busy, BUSY day for sure.  But mama is happy with all of it tonight!  

And so....I'll wrap up this post with that!  Life is good in Texas.  Busy...but blessed!  Sweet dreams!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment