Monday, September 28, 2009

Catching Up

I can't believe another week has gone by...another weekend gone and it is MONDAY again!!!  Wow!  What a week!  Life is so amazing and good here in Texas.  I just love Texas.  Have I mentioned that yet?  That I simply ADORE this state and the sweet and kind people in it?!  What happened this week?  Let's see.  Ben went back in for his follow up for his contacts.  Everything went great and was hunky dory in that department.  He is all cleared and good to rock and roll with them and every day seems to get a bit easier for him with the contacts.  I picked up his new glasses today (they also look really, really nice on him), so vision wise, whatever the circumstance, the kid is set!  

I met with Max's teacher last week about his grades.  His English teacher anyway.  She was really REALLY nice and helpful and did a lot of talking with Max and I.  Max was shocked to find out that those worksheets she handed out every single week were supposed to be turned in every Friday for a grade (yeah right).   And he had a plethora of excuses about WHY he had managed to miss turning in 8 out of 10 assignments due.  In the end I thought the teacher was AMAZINGLY gracious and gave Max all 8 assignments he was missing so he could do them and turn them in for credit.  She's really, really nice and apparently had a brother very much like our Max.  So she had a real heart for him and an unusually accurate understanding of what it's like to live with a child like him.   I appreciate that young lady more than words can say  So Max worked MUCH of the weekend on that stack of assignments, getting those ready to turn in.  He also talked to his math teacher (mostly because I refused to fix this whole entire situation FOR him) and she also was gracious enough to give him an assignment to do to make up some points and try to bring up his grade of a D.  Friday is the cut off for grades...so hopefully, he made some progress in getting those up?

Ben had a project due today and he finished it Saturday night.  I took one look at it and cringed.  So, Sunday after church, we bought new posterboard and I took what he had done on the computer and tweaked it for him.  I completely  redid (I mean helped with) his project.  It didn't take me very long at all and when it was all done, it looked SO much better.  I felt good about turning it in ( I mean...he felt good about turning it in) for a grade.  

What else?  We had a GREAT day at church on Sunday.  It felt very much like home.  WONDERFUL Sunday school class...wonderful service.  My goodness it was a great day there in that church.  I can't tell you how refreshing THAT is after feeling so NOT connected for SO long.   It was our second week at First Euless and it was really, really great.  

After church we went out for a yummy lunch and then came home and tackled some yard work!  Chris and I both hit it  and had it done in no time.  I mowed while he weed whacked and edged and trimmed the hedges.  It was a job well done and the  yard looks so nice!  Of course...we'll be right back at it next weekend!  But still...it's so satisfying to see the progress and to see it shape up so beautifully and nice and neat.  I LOVE it!  

And before we knew it, it was Monday morning and we  were off!  Normally, I would have been off to the gym or off on a long power walk with the neighbor, but instead, this morning I found myself at the chiropractor....finally!  I came to a point where I could take it no longer!  And so I finally dragged myself in there and I have to say...it was a wonderful, wonderful appointment.  I learned more about what's happening with me and why in that short half hour than I have....ever!  The doctor was amazing and so sweet and the things she could see in such a short time....astounding!  She fixed problems I wasn't even aware that I was having!  I feel so much better tonight.  I'm still sitting here typing...which is HUGE, as sitting has been so painful for the past few days.  Like REALLY really painful.  But I can actually do it tonight.  I know what's causing all of the misalignment...and I know what to do to help it now.  So I'm feeling equipped in a new and useful way!  I'm bummed because I have a no exercise status for the next week until I see her again on Friday.  But confident that when I do see her, things will be looking up and up!  

And I guess that's about it for now.  Oh....I had lunch with my sweet realtor friend today.  I ADORE her.  She cracks me up...is as SWEET as they come and just makes me smile and smile and smile.  I enjoy her more than words can say.  We are going to have us a little camera day.  Seems she has been given quite a sweet little camera set up and has NO IDEA how to use it.  So we are going to go and play!  I'm going to teach her how to use it and teach her how to get it off those auto settings.  I can't WAIT!  We're hitting the botanical gardens...which should be fun, fun, fun!  I'm so looking forward to it!

And now...I'm off for some shut eye!  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment