Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today was my first birthday in Texas.  Today I am 38.  And it has been a great day.  The kids were out of school and at MANY points in this day I was ready to strangle them all.  Clara was dangerously close to being put to bed by 6 p.m., Ben was pretty much on the road to permanently grounded by 11 a.m. and Max....dear Max...he's stepping lively and ever so precariously as he has already spent a day in the mommy hot seat and is MOST DEFINITELY on the mommy radar...he was just trying to be good and fly under the radar I think!  I spent the early morning on the phone entertaining MANY good morning wishes and songs!  My sweet friend Gillian called first thing this morning and I heard these two SWEET, sweet, sweet little voices burst into a round of "Happy Birthday to You"!  Her little Sarah and Claire were belting out the most beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday!  I've smiled every time I've thought of it today!  Then I met a friend from Florida to scope out some sights for our upcoming family picture.  Yes....I've recruited someone to deal with the Roberts family and "deal" with us and create a family memory for us!  Tracy is awesome and I know she is going to do a great job! I'm almost looking forward to it!  While we were site looking....we happened to pop our heads into an amazing little boutique called Blessings Boutique.  And OH MY!!!  What an amazing little shop! WOW!!!  It carries mostly Christian themed wares....and FUN fun stuff.   Like t-shirts, jeans, purses, jewelry, home decor, etc.  It was so awesome.  And it was THERE that I bought my birthday present.  Are you curious as to what I bought?  I think I'll wait to tell you.  Better yet...I'll SHOW you...but not tonight!  This afternoon, after we got home, the kids played outside...in the rain.  Did you know it's been raining here like CRAZY?  Did I mention that previously?  It's been NUTS!  Like I'm nearly ready to build an ark kind of raining?  I would have thought I'd be crazy by now.  I'm hanging in there okay...but it's SO time to see some sunshine!  The roofers are coming tomorrow to check out our leak.  Grrrr....hopefully they will fix EVERYTHING...but I feel like maybe they will only fix the roof and NOT the damage CAUSED by the leak in the roof that they guarantee.  Chris started vocalizing his thoughts on fixing the damage in the family room HIMSELF tonight...uh oh!  I don't think there's any good news along that thought line!  Once Chris got home, we picked up some yummy hot wings at the Wing Stop and enjoyed wings and the season premier of Survivor Samoa.  In our new house, we have Verizon Fios...and the super cool thing about that is that we can put in a TiVo request (and I use that term loosely because it's the term I know from Arizona)....we can record whatever it is we want to watch or get a season pass for a show, and then we can WATCH it from ANY t.v. in the house!!!!  Which means we can put in for a "season pass" downstairs and then WATCH it UPSTAIRS in the media room on the really BIG screen!  Very cool and totally different from the Direct t.v. we had in AZ.  LOVE IT!!!  So fun.  We enjoyed curling up on our new leather couch in front of the big t.v.  and scoping out the new Survivor candidates.  All in all it was a GREAT day and a great night.  And a very happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment