Thursday, September 10, 2009

Total Conditioning

Today I tried the Total Conditioning class up at the gym.  Really and truly, my only comment I can make about that class is....ouch.  It was TOUGH.  Lots of free weights...always seeming to be paired with an endless series of nasty lunges.  Elastic resistance bands and weighted bars.  There were three sets of EVERYTHING broken up by intensive cardio boost sessions.  I'll just say that anything called "prison jumps" should be avoided at all costs.  NOT for the faint of heart!!!!  And believe me when I say there were several other things in that class that I'd be okay with not ever doing again.  I was definitely challenged on every level and all but crawled out of there.  It is taking every bit of self control that I have NOT to go climb into bed and treat myself to a nap today!!!!  Amidst all of the pain today however, I did have some time for some most interesting people watching.  One notable personality that I couldn't help but notice today was a lady that I'll be calling Lips.  Lips apparently has a passion for bonding with her local collagen injecting doctor.  Those babies are seriously blown up.  And the shocking hot pink lipstick she wears on them only adds to the effect.  I'm pretty sure that Lips has a total package plan as I'm fairly certain that those boobs she's sporting were not original issue.  I'll go ahead and throw in here that Lips is probably in her 50's to early 60's.  Hers however were NOTHING compared to Bodacious in front of me who was a wisp of a little thing with her little stick legs and tiny figure.  Then teetering upon that figure were some serious triple D's if not larger.  I had heard that this area was the land of the fake boobs.  I think it's the land of plastic surgery....period.  There is actually an eye lid specialty surgery center just around the corner from me.  Seriously?  An entire practice and surgery center devoted to EYELIDS?  Not the eye BALL...just the lids!  Apparently there is plenty of indulging in the "surgical spa" arena around these parts.  Well...none of that nonsense for this gal!  I had my tush in there working on it the old fashioned way!  The old fashioned way really and truly does suck sometimes.  It's rather unfortunate that my gene pool is flooded with fat cells and sloth like metabolisms!  In light of this morning's workout I am unbelievably thankful that I got all of the FIRST floor vacuumed this morning.  It took nearly 40 minutes to do the first floor alone and I had already worked up a good sweat before I even went to the gym. It has been a most laborious day and I am certain that many MANY calories have been burned.  I am sure hoping so anyway!  Now it's off to run some errands.  I need to hunt down some weighted gloves for tomorrow's Strike class.  I can't wait for the bit of Friday fun!  LOL!  Jenny and I have long since said that it's a good thing to really shake up your workout from time to time so your body doesn't fall into a rut.  It is very VERY safe to say that my body has been shaken up....it is in a total state of shock...and awe.  And ouch.  Mostly shock and ouch!  Tomorrow is a new day!  Bring it ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment