Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

I can't believe our long weekend is OVER!  The kids were out of school on Thursday and Friday for teacher inservice days.  So we had a glorious 4 day weekend to just kick back and RELAX for the first time since we moved here.  I'm not really good at relaxing.  On Thursday, the first day of our "vacation" I met a friend in Grapevine for some picture scoping and shopping.  That was fun.  Then on Friday, it finally stopped raining long enough for me to get out and CUT MY GRASS!!!  THAT was fun and nice, but totally exhausting.  Yard work totally kicks my butt...but I love seeing it all come together so pretty and nice!  Then Saturday rolled around and Chris and I spent a great part of the morning returning the busted curtain rods to JC Penny that I had ordered and got delivered all banged up and broken.  We picked up other ones that we liked better at Lowe's.  Then there was grocery shopping, dinner cooking and the hanging of the new curtains.  And before we knew it...Saturday was gone!  Today, we visited yet another new church.  First Euless Baptist.  It was really a very nice church, a super friendly congregation, a wonderful service, awesome music...I was nearly giddy sitting there taking it all in!  It was the very first time in nearly 5 years that I just was delighted for the whole service.  I LOVED the music, I enjoyed the message, the choir wore choir robes, the praise team was great and the music was grand!  Did I mention how much I enjoyed the music?  When the choir and congregation let loose with "All Hail the Power of Jesus' name, let angels prostrate fall..."I was just beyond happy deep down in my heart.  It was a GREAT, great service.  Loved it, loved it, loved it.  Before we knew it, church was done and we were headed home.  Once home, we reevaluated Clara's foot and decided it was time for medical intervention.  She was QUITE swollen and could barely get her foot in her sandals on the loosest setting.  Plus, there was a big red ring there and her foot was starting to feel hot on top.  Urgent care decided it was indeed time to act and start some antibiotics...among other things.  While I was there I got my flu shot...so now 4 out of the 5 Roberts clan are flu protected!  At least for NORMAL flu.  Swine flu vaccines have yet to begin for anyone...though I am quite certain that Chris and I had that beast back in early May.  So maybe we are safe?  Here's hoping since we aren't really in a "high risk" category to receive the vaccines.  Once I got Clara home from the doctor and settled with her Benadryl, motrin, foot propped up and her games and t.v., I headed back out the door to run some errands.  Namely, to stop at Kirklands and shop with my birthday giftcard and to hit Old Navy to look for a sweater I need for upcoming pictures.  Also I picked up Clara's medicine at the pharmacy and put some much needed gas in my car!  As soon as I got home Chris had to go and work with his boss for a bit so the kids and I picked up the house and cooked up some dinner.  We were just putting it on the table when Chris got back home.  And then dinner was over, and so was our wonderful weekend that went WAY, way, way too fast!  It's back to the grind tomorrow.  A full week this week!  First one in a while!  LOL!  How spoiled we've gotten with all of these days off!  Oh well....time to put our noses to the grindstones and grind out another weeks worth of hard, determined work.  Let's hope Max actually GETS determined about his tasks this week and is inspired to actually turn in his work for a change and get organized.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment