Thursday, September 3, 2009

Connected Again

Well...it's been a really long haul...but I FINALLY have internet connections up and running in our new house!  It was called to my attention by someone that she had missed my blogging and had logged on in the middle of the night recently hoping to find something new to read since she couldn't sleep...and found nothing!  It's hard to blog when you have no internet connection!  Anyway...I wasn't sure if I should take that as compliment or insult.  Do people read my blog because they are just so entertained and curious as to what's happening?  Or because they need a sleeping pill?  I'd probably ponder on that for a long time except that I'm drowning in boxes here and simply cannot deal with that right now.  Maybe later.

Okay...update.  We are finally in our new house.  Having our own space is DIVINE!  I can't tell you how much I don't like apartment living.  It's the pits!  I'm loving the new house.  Now that I am really in it and have had a few days to roam around in it, I have been blessed with many surprises.  Closets for one.  There are bazillions of them.  Okay....well, maybe not bazillions, but there are a LOT!  And it seemed like a found a new one I did not know existed every day for the first 3 days that we were here in the house.  There are 7 closets on the first floor NOT INCLUDING the master closet or the guest bedroom closet or the pantry.  After coming from Arizona and a house that had exactly ONE closet, and a small one at that, on the first floor besides the master closet....well, I think I've died and gone to closet heaven!  I am keeping in mind of course, that closets are dangerous, dangerous things that can fill up and be magnets for crap.  Goodness knows I managed to stuff enough of that into the closets we DID have in AZ!  What else in this house?  The crown molding is CRAZY in this house.  It's gorgeous.  And deep, deep, deep.  Not sure if that's the right term for it or not.  Maybe I should say thick, thick, thick?  And every single room has it.  EVEN my laundry room!  Who the heck pays to put crown molding in a laundry room for pete's sake?  Anyway, it's there and I adore it.  All in all I'm loving the house.  I have to admit that I can't wait for the polish on the hardwood floors to wear down a little bit.  They are slicker than snot and not one bit conducive to being in a hurry!  It's hysterical to watch Oscar try to get his footing on them when he forgets and heads across them too quickly!  He approaches them with MUCH more caution now than he did when we first arrived here 5 days ago.  He's a smart cookie, that one!  What else?  Oooh...I'm happy to report that the fascination of the intercom system for the kids wore off quite quickly.  Mommy however, has discovered it and is having a GRAND old time with it.  At the punch of one small button in the kitchen the whole house will fill with music!  I generally head into the kitchen about 6:10 a.m., punch the button to start my coffee, then punch the button that starts the tunes up in the house.  Then I tread back to the master bedroom.  By the time I get back there and brush my teeth, the kids have a couple of minutes to enjoy the musical tunes drifting through their sleepiness.  And that's when I head to the control panel and start my "Morning with Mommy" broadcast over the intercom system.  It all goes something like this...

"Good Morning boys and girls!  Welcome to the Mornings with Mommy show!  Today is Thursday...the 3rd day of September and it is 6:15 a.m. local time.  You're looking at a beautiful sun shiney day with a temperature high of approximately 90 degrees with little to no chance of showers.  It's a GREAT day to be alive, so step lively my wee ones.  Up and at 'em!  Let's get those beds made and head on into the kitchen for some breakfast goodness!  Gooooooooooood  MORNING!!!!!"  


And then there are periodic updates and check ins.  When Elvis comes across with "Love Me Tender" then I chime in that I love them tenderly and to pieces.  When the song "Monday Monday" comes on I remind them that it's actually Thursday, Thursday.  When the Beatles sing out that "we all live in a yellow submarine", I remind them that we actually live in a red brick house in Texas and so on and so on....I am having some BIG fun with that intercom in the mornings!  The kids seem to like it too and at night when they go to bed, ask if the "morning show" will be on again tomorrow.  I assure them that it will be and then can't wait to push that button again the next morning!  Who knew an intercom system could be such fun. The only down side to the system is that I didn't realize until this morning that we have a receiver outside on the back patio.  And so...anyone around us that was out in their backyard for the past few mornings has also gotten to enjoy the "Morning with Mommy" show.  I found the volume out there to be set full blast, wide open.  Awesome.  Once I realized that I immediately thought....oh dear....what MUST the neighbors think?!  But then...you can only keep this much weirdness under wraps for a short time, right?  Sooner or later they were bound to find out.  

What else?  Can I just say that the people in Texas are SO stinkin nice?!  I mean....SOOOOO nice.  I have NEVER had such great service at stores.  ANY store.  Whether it be a toy store, or a home store or a GROCERY store.  It's unbelievable.  And everyone calls you sweetie and honey and hon.  It's about the cutest thing you've ever seen!  I LOVE it.  They are so full of funny sayings and expressions.  I have to say that I adore these southern souls!  

I guess that about wraps it up for now.  I know, I know...some of you are looking for the pictures.  They are coming.  Soon.  But I need to finish with the boxes first and hang some pictures.  And they are delivering a new leather sectional tomorrow for the media room.  I want you to have the COMLETE and pretty pictures!  Besides...I haven't hooked up MY computer yet.  And that's the one where all the picture action happens!  Soon and very soon friends.  Soon!  Stay tuned!








No comments:

Post a Comment