Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Checking In




Time continues to fly by here in Texas.  After being in the house for one full week, as of this past Sunday, we are feeling quite settled.  We are still working on a couple of small projects, but for the most part really are feeling like this is home.  We had a great Labor Day weekend.  We were invited to the neighbor's house for chili and visiting and watching the football games with some of the other neighbors.  It was a good time and lots of fun getting to meet and get to know some of the folks living around us.  Chris was able to hook up with another biking/triathlon training junkie and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with some of the neighborhood women.  Then on Sunday we visited another new church.  No...this was most likely NOT "the one".  But it was okay.  There were no disco balls, and the music was quite nice.  There was something about it that just didn't call to me...but I'm still happy to keep looking around!  I have yet another one mapped out and ready for us this next weekend!  After church on Sunday we worked on a few more house projects and then went to have dinner with Chris' brother and his wife.  It was a lovely way to spend the evening.  And then on Monday, Chris and I hit the gym in the morning.  Then came home and conquered the mowing of the lawn and trimming of the hedges.  We both decided that had we recalled just how intense lawn work could really be, we BOTH could have skipped that morning gym workout!!!  It was a full program that day for sure and we fell in to bed EXHAUSTED that night!  Before we totally crashed though, we got to enjoy a nice splash in our new pool!  Yeah!  The kiddos were back at school this morning.  THAT seems to be going pretty well...at least for the most part!  I enjoyed an hour and a half long power walk with my neighbor and finished unpacking and organizing Clara's crazy playroom space.  YIKES!  That child has WAY too many toys!!!  Tomorrow and Thursday are early release days at school.  Oh...and I am off with the neighbor to try the Strike class at the gym in the morning.  We'll see how that one goes.  

I am loving Texas.  Especially when I walk each morning and see all the gorgeous stuff around me.  Like green lawns and big brick houses with flowers upon flowers and all sorts of grand beauty.  There are ponds and fountains galore along my walking path and it's just so different and pretty.  I still have yet to really get out INTO the area much and see what's out there.  I've stuck pretty close to home to this point just trying to get moved in.  But I still love it so far.  It's kind of nice to be a bit of a home body after being so crazy busy here for so long.  I'm sure I'll get bored with it soon enough...but for now I am really, really enjoying it!  

The kids seem to really enjoy it too!  One thing they have especially loved are the little lizards that are in our yard.  They have had a blast catching them!  Here are some pictures....though NOT the ones of the house!  Those are still to come.  In the meantime...just enjoy these!

No comments:

Post a Comment