Saturday, April 24, 2010

Detox Day 3-P.M. update

Today was great and SO much easier than yesterday.  Not having a headache totally changes the game for me!  It was a super busy day...maybe that's why it was so much easier!  We started our day with a trip to Home Depot and then Lowe's.  We picked out a new paint color for the bathroom that Chris insisted needing texture.  And so, now that the bathroom has been textured...we have to finish it out with paint.  And so...off we went and are now midway through painting the bathroom.  The color?  A deep, deep purple color...it's called Tannin.  We both truly liked it and it is drying out a very rich and deep color that, thus far, I am happy with.  We'll see how it is tomorrow!  In addition to the paint project, we ripped all of the bushes out of the bed by the kitchen breakfast nook and replaced them with a flower garden.  I hated looking out at the green ball bushes.  I wanted something fresh and pretty there to see.  And it looks SO pretty!  Pictures to come!  THAT was a huge job.  When we had all of the flowers in place, we took a couple of the bushes that we pulled up and transplanted them to the front yard into the spot where Chris took out a huge bush right after we moved in here.  They filled in the gap PERFECTLY.  You would never know that they have not always been there.  In addition, there was a lot of weed wacking and edging and hedge trimming going on too.  It was a busy day for sure with LOTS accomplished!  And so, at the end of detox day 3, I am surviving.  And it wasn't a bad day at all.  I understand that tomorrow is the worst.  But it will be a busy day for us with church and all...so hopefully it won't be too bad.  And Mondays are ALWAYS busy in this house with the getting of kids off to school and what not.  Here's hoping for a smooth few days.  I'm feeling really good about it tonight.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.  Bring on day 4!  I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment