Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Detox Day 7

Well, it's a beautiful spring morning here on Day 7 of the detox journey and ALL IS WELL!  I have lost a total of 7.6 pounds so far and am feeling GREAT!  I am sleeping great, feeling great, not craving ANYTHING really.  Though I will freely admit that I could eat a pizza if it were offered and under my nose.  Food smells good to me out in the world...but I don't feel like I have to have it.  This morning I find myself not wanting ANYTHING.  Not food, not drink...not my shake.  Nothing.  I'm not missing coffee or tea or caffeine in any form.  Not missing chocolate.  And thankfully, I don't think I'm missing salt nearly as much as I was.  I actually find myself looking forward to my spinach salad each evening.  Tomorrow, Kyra says I can have chicken or fish and brown rice.  But to tell ya the truth, I am not sure that I want it.  I'm happy where I am.  I may just wait until Sunday to add all of that back in.  We'll see!  And so...that's where I am right now.

What else?  I'm sore...for one.  I worked out at the gym yesterday with two friends.  It was such fun and I'm glad to feel that familiar ache that says I actually DID something there in the gym yesterday.  I had to be very careful, as my shoulder is STILL bugging me.  Man...I am never going to paint again.  It just sets me up for too much difficulty.  It's still swelling and inflamed and angry.  Kyra keeps putting me back line again, but with all the swelling and spasms it doesn't seem to hold.  Although...what she did yesterday really does feel SO much better today.  Finally my neck feels free of it all and it is ONLY my shoulder that is aching.  I will totally take that!

On the schedule today?  I need some grocery basics...water, soap, lotion...those little essentials.  I bought Max a bunch of clothes yesterday and they DO NOT FIT...again!  So I have to return all of those.  He is officially in the men's sizes now.  YIKES!  I can't believe how fast both boys are growing.   They were such little peanuts for the longest time!  But they are peanuts NO more!  Then I am off to the gym with Kyra to walk off and work off some of this soreness.  Clara has gymnastics tonight.  She is doing SO well in her class!  She can do a back walkover now from standing and great hand stands and cartwheels, round offs and rolls.  She can do her front roll on the balance beam all by herself and stay on there...she really is doing a great job!  And is having a blast too!  I think that's about all our day is going to hold today.  I guess I should also grab something to throw in the crockpot for the troops tonight that can cook while I am out and about.  Gymnastics at 6 p.m. kind of cuts into my dinner cooking time!

That's the update at our house!  Day seven is looking GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment