Monday, April 19, 2010

Sick...Day 2

What a wild ride this latest disease has been.  I spent all day in bed yesterday.  Never climbed out of my pj's.  I never just stay in bed all day.  But yesterday...I did.  This morning, at first, I thought I was feeling better.  Was excited to be able to breathe and that my teeth weren't hurting.  But after only a short few minutes, I realized that while my teeth weren't hurting...my stomach most certainly was.  As in, really REALLY hurting.  major pain.  Could not stand up straight kind of pain.  I managed to get Clara off to school, doubled over in pain...hobbling around the kitchen.  And the boys, thank goodness, took care of themselves.  And I quickly found myself back in bed, under the covers and trying to sleep off the pains.  At 10 a.m. I felt a bit better and took a night time sinus formula medication, hoping to open up my sinuses a bit and breathe easier.  It worked.  However....there is a reason why it's called a nighttime formula!  The rest of the day I was in a deep fog...sleeping through most of it.  Every couple of hours I would try to fight my way up and out of the darkness, only to have the waves reclaim me and pull me back down into the drifting sleepiness.  I'd wake up, drooling, and confused.  And with my neck hurting from being in an awkward position in too deep a sleep for way too long.  Tomorrow, I will be calling my dear sweet chiropractor friend and setting up an appointment for intervention.  It feels as if a giant took his arm and made a fist and just pounded my head straight down into my body....like a nail into wood.  I've iced it and drugged it and sat in the massage chair...and basically, it just hurts to have my head sitting there on my shoulders.  Most unpleasant.  But I can breathe...so at least there's that.  I am about to take yet another hit of this magical nighttime sinus formula and will gladly submit to the waves of sleep and easy breathing that seem to come with it.  And hopefully tomorrow, i will awake a whole new person.  Rested and able to breathe, able to move without pain, and ready to take on the rest of this week.  That's my hope anyway.  Two days of sickness is enough!  I have been nearly 100% disfunctional for the past 48 hours.  So here's hoping that Tuesday will be a fresh and new day for me....an end to this phase of congestion and coughing and stuffiness.  A new dawn and clarity!  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment