Thursday, April 22, 2010

Journey Into Detox

I have decided to do a 21 day detox program.  My sweet doctor friend is a huge advocate of them and I have been paying close attention to what she says about these cleanses for months now.  There are tons of benefits and I've heard of a lot of patients having some really amazing benefits come from the process.  Granted...I don't have heart medication or high blood pressure or lots of other things that people are getting relief from...but  I do feel like sometimes the body could just use a good healthy overhaul.  A break from all the crap we tend to pour into it rather thoughtlessly on a day to day basis.  I'm told that it will improve PMS symptoms.  Now...I'm certain that she surely didn't mean to imply that I would EVER display any kind of moodiness or irritability or mean and nastiness around my cycle.  I mean...just look at how sweet I am!  Shoot... Chris and my kids will totally vouch for that.  Except for maybe that couple of days of the month.  But I'm nice-ish those days.  Well...maybe not so much.  I guess issuing a blanket statement of "aggravate me and die" isn't really being as sweet and lovely as I am capable of being.  It's nice that I WARN them that I'm not feeling very nice though...isn't it?  Anyway, I might be sweeter when it's all said and done.  And I SHOULD drop a few pounds.  And that right there needs no further explanation!  I could stand to drop a few pounds.  No arguing with that one!  Also..this cleanse should be good for this nasty persistent shoulder and neck problem I keep having.  Today, my doc friend asked me if I have had shingles.  Shingles?!  On my roof...yes.  My body....no.  However, she said that there is a definite pattern here and that it could be a possibility.  Interesting.  I'm all for ANYTHING that will make that constant lock up and pain go away!!!  I've been dealing with it for a solid couple of years now.  And so...today...the journey begins!  What does this journey involve?  Well...this first week I can have all of the fruits and vegetables I want.  Unlimited.  Of course...that's pretty much ALL I can have.  But hey...I won't go hungry.  After the first seven days I can add in A piece of chicken or A piece of fish each day and some rice I think.  There are also a bunch of supplements and a protein shake of some sort.  It should all be interesting.  Bring it on!  So far...so good.  I'ts day one.  I have had green tea and a banana so far.  I feel good about it.  I don't have a caffeine headache from not having coffee...yet.  And I'm not starving.  Though I am starting to think I need to get some grapes or strawberries to go with my banana.  Right now...on day one, hour two...I THINK I can do this!  We shall see!

As for sickness...Chris and I are still getting over it...but are both feeling much better.  Of course, in true Chris fashion...he refuses to rest and listen to his body.  He thinks the second he's able to get out of bed he can get right on back into the gym.  He does this nearly every single time and every single time has a day where he WAS feeling better, pushes himself too hard, does insane workouts at the gym WAY before he should, then totally hits the wall and comes crawling home from work midday and is in bed again...miserable.  If I've told him once I've told him a hundred times...but he refuses to listed to me!!!  He does like to learn things the hard way.  But we are both on the mend...for real.  My neck is still so totally locked up.  I will NEVER take that sinus stuff again!  I'm STILL paying for that little nap!  Eventually it will sort itself out.  I'm rather tired of the pinchy, burny, annoying pain.  I'm over it and ready to get some stuff done and I need my shoulder and neck to do it.  Grrrrrrrr.  Hopefully, the ice, the rest, the cleanse....will all bring this little episode to an end...once and for all!!!

On another note...it's report card day today.  It won't hurt one bit to start praying up Max Roberts.  I have a strange sense of peace about it all.  Of course...it's 10 a.m. and I haven't actually SEEN the report card.  I might be much less peaceful at 4:00 this afternoon.  LOL!  Hopefully the cleanse grumpies won't be kicking in too hard by then.  I hear the first three days are the hardest.  Only 12 hours left to get through of THIS day!  I am hopeful.

And so...there's the current update. We are cleaning...and cleansing....healing and happening here in the great state of Texas on this fine Thursday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment